Digital Camera Buying Guide
Here's the digital camera buying guide quick summary. This is is snapshotof the complete digital camera buying guide on this site.
If you're looking for "just the facts" in the shortest amount of time....this is for you!
Digital Camera Buying Guide Quick Review
- One Million Pixels = 1 Megapixel. The more you have the sharper your image. However, casual users don't need more than 2.1 Megapixels for good 5 x 7 inch prints. If you need larger get more.
- Watch out for digital zoom. Optical zoom doesn't distort your picture in any way, digital zoom can. Read the fine print.
- Different manufacturers will use different types of memory cards. CompactFlash and xD are two popular types.
- Cheaper cameras may have a LCD or a typical viewfinder, but not both. Get one with both.
- Invest in rechargeable batteries or you'll be buying batteries pretty regularly.
- 3 types - Compact, Standard and Professional (slightly larger).
- Read the computer requirements for the camera. Check that you have an available USB or Serial port on your PC.
You can review the full 7 step Digital Camera Buying Guide here
This digital camera buying guide was put together because of the frustration I had figuring out what to look for when I went looking for my first digital camera.
If you have any suggestions on improving the digital camera buying guide or this quick review feel free to drop me note...you can find my email address on the About Me page.
For more detail on what to look for check out the complete digital camera buying guide here.
Here's Some More Information...
Check out recommended places to buy digital cameras...
Best places to buy digital cameras online. Each of these has good prices, great reviews and most importantly they are dependable retailers.
How to Find the Best Digital Camera
Return to the Digital Camera Buying Guide and Tips Home Page...all you need to know about buying digital cameras in plain English.